Thomas Gainsborough School
Learning Support Assistant
Start Date: September 2020
Salary: Grade 3 Point 4 – 6 (FTE £18,426 - £19,171 / Actual £15,218.68 - £15,834.01 per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent Part Time (36 hours per week / 39 weeks per year)
Hours of work: 08.30 – 16.00
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, hardworking people to join this successful and popular school.
You will be required to:
- Support students to be successful in their learning
- Lead small group intervention focusing on literacy and numeracy
- Work on a one to one basis with students
- Provide personal and medical care and support for individual students (full training will be provided), if required
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
- Can work independently but contribute to a strong team ethos
- Is willing to work flexibly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to solve problems and be proactive
Additional skills such as experience in working with students with dyslexia or social and emotional wellbeing will be welcomed.
We welcome applications from candidates with exams, speech and language, intervention and teaching experience, as well as applications from those new to the role with transferrable skills from another sector.
Closing Date: 09:00am, Friday 26th June 2020
Interviews: Monday 6th July 2020
If you are a current employee of Unity Schools Partnership, please use the following link to apply https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/115118INT
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required. Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.