Thomas Gainsborough School
Head of Biology
Start Date: September 2020
Salary: MPR/UPR (£24,373 - £40,490) + TLR (£2,693)
Contract Type: Permanent, full time
As a popular and successful school, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking leader of Biology to contribute to the successful teaching of science across the school.
You will be required to:
- Ensure that all groups of students make outstanding progress in Biology across all key stages
- Develop or contribute to the range of activities and support for STEM students, particularly those on our unique Key Stage 3 STEM pathway.
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of teaching Biology at Key Stages 3-5
- Has a record of raising attainment of their students
- Has an up to date knowledge of curriculum developments, current education policy and progression routes for STEM students.
- Is committed to high standards and ensuring that all groups of students make progress
- Is willing to work flexibly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills Is able to solve problems and be proactive
- Has an excellent sense of humour
Thomas Gainsborough School is a consistently high performing, well-resourced school in South Suffolk. The school continues to invest in high quality professional development and provides a range of employee benefits. This is an excellent opportunity for any teacher to develop their practice and continue their career progression.
The school is located just south of Sudbury in Suffolk and is within easy reach of Colchester, Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds.
If you would like to visit the school in preparation for making an application, or would like to speak to someone about this exciting opportunity, then please contact Mrs K Fuller (Headteacher’s PA), email@example.com, 01787 375232.
Closing date: Monday 27th January 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 4th February 2020
Further details are available on our website www.tgschool.net or from Mrs K Fuller (Headteacher’s PA), firstname.lastname@example.org, 01787 375232
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts.
Unity Schools Partnership – welcoming diversity.