Thomas Gainsborough School
Learning Support Assistant
Start Date: February 2020
Salary: Grade 3 Point 4 – 6 (FTE £18,426 - £19,171 / Actual £15,217.71 – £15,832.99)
Contract Type: Permanent Part Time (36 hours per week / 39 weeks per year)
Hours of work: 08.30 – 16.00
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, hardworking people to join this successful and popular school.
You will be required to:
- Support students to be successful in their learning
- Lead small group intervention focusing on literacy and numeracy
- Work on a one to one basis with students
- Provide personal and medical care and support for individual students (full training will be provided), if required
Therefore, we are looking for someone who:
- Can work independently but contribute to a strong team ethos
- Is willing to work flexibly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to solve problems and be proactive
- Has an excellent sense of humour
Additional skills such as experience in working with students with dyslexia or social and emotional wellbeing will be welcomed.
We welcome applications from candidates with exams, speech and language, intervention and teaching experience, as well as applications from those new to the role with transferrable skills from another sector.
If you are interested why not come and visit us and see the school in action? Please contact Kerry Fuller, Headteacher’s PA on 01787 375232
Closing Date: Friday 10th January 2020.
Interviews: Candidates who are selected for interview will be notified by Wednesday 15th January and must ensure availability from 08.30 am to 16.30 pm on Wednesday 22nd January for interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts. Unity Schools Partnership – welcoming diversity.